Preparing for your first application:
(A) Shaved scalp appearance:
It is advised to shave the scalp a day before any work is to commence on the area of skin, so that the regrowth of your hair throughout the treatment does not grow more than 1mm.
By doing this, it will make it more comfortable for our technician to choose the correct pigment colour to match your natural hair. This is important because, for example, a 3mm regrowth has a different colour than at the hairs shaft root. Meaning, once the hairs started to regrow it will be a different shade. So, it is of our upmost importance to acquire the correct colour pigmentation from the start.
(B) Short cut hair procedure
There is no need to cut your hair or shave the scalp. We only ask is that the client has a clean head of hair. We have facilities at our clinic to have your hair washed in house. We can also prepare your scalp if it is to be shaved. It will be shaved by one of our fully qualified staff members.
After care to maximise results of Scalp Micropigmentation:
• We ask. Please, do not wash the scalp for 48 hours after the treatment or use hair conditioners for 7 days.
• We ask that you must not use a sauna or steam rooms during 15 days after the procedure.
• The first 14 days after having SMP please exercise extreme caution when washing the treated areas under water. Please do not use shampoo or conditioners on the scalp as they may affect the healing process.
• The first 14 days it is strongly advised that you do not attend swimming classes or even leisure swims. The first 14 days are critical in the SMP healing structure. Chlorinated water WILL damage the SMP within the healing window.
• It is strongly advisable to adhere from any activities that will cause your scalp to sweat. Please adhere from heavy lifting and strenuous activities for the 1st 6 days after your SMP treatment.
• Your scalp must be protected from the sun for 14 days after each SMP procedure.
Your first visit is a consultation. Then it is your first treatment. Your session will last 2 – 4 hours. This all depends on the client’s requirements and the hair micropigmentation treatment.
The second session – after 2 weeks it lasts from 2 to 4 hours, during which we perfectly mix the hair colour with the colour of micropigmentation and refine the hairline. 3rd session (if necessary) – around 3-4 weeks after 2nd session and lasts 1 to 3 hours to achieve the perfect shade and hairline